Yoga Teacher Training in the Kripalu Style is very much part of what we do at Sunlilyoga. Sunlilyoga offers courses designed in accordance with standards set by the Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health and the Yoga Alliance – that lead to KYTT Certification. Both 200-hr and 500-hr YTT are in compliance with standards set by the Yoga Alliance.
500-hour Yoga Teacher Training
Co-ordinated and directed by Aida Neves, this 500-hour yoga teacher training programme is designed to deepen your own yoga practice, enhance your teaching skills and assist in building your knowledge in advanced elements of yoga.
It is for yoga teachers already certified at the 200 hour level from any tradition whose standards are recognized by Yoga Alliance.
The training involves a variety of required and elective courses and thereby enables each student to design their progamme according to individual areas of yogic interest. Generally most courses will be offered on weekends – approximately 3-5 hours each on Saturday and/or Sunday.
As per Yoga Alliance standards the courses will be distributed according to the following categories:
* Training/Practice Teaching Methodology
* Anatomy and Physiology
* Yoga Philosophy/Lifestyle and Ethics for Yoga Teachers
General Course Description
In this training you will:
* Build your understanding of experiential anatomy, physiology and kinesiology
* Deepen your knowledge of teaching postures, pranayama and meditation
* Explore various teaching methodologies
* Study class design and approaches to sequencing to safely hold yogic space
* Study and explore applied yogic philosophy
* Increase your repertoire of advanced asanas not commonly taught in 200 hour trainings
Note: One does not have to be registered in the 500-hour training to attend most workshops. They are open to any experienced and dedicated yoga practitioner.
Current Programming – 2021
Saturday, January 9, 1-4 - Leading Yoga Nidra - a powerful tool for transformation
~ More workshops to be scheduled soon ~